President Jose E. Uriburu Museum
It is a simple house built in the second half of the 18th century on Calle Real or San Francisco. It belonged to Don José Fermin de Zabala and is a typical example of the architecture of the colonial period.
At the beginning of century XIX (1810) was acquired by Don Jose de Uriburu and from then it was occupied by diverse heirs of the family until, in 1947 when it was property of Dr. Jose Evaristo Uriburu and Mrs. Leonor Uriburu de Anchorena, was Donated to the National State, to be used as a museum and library, being accepted by decree No. 41,518 of 1948.
It is built in adobe with cane and tile roofs on a wooden structure of pairs and knuckles. One of the most outstanding features is its direct entrance from the street to the main courtyard, transposing a porch that serves as a screen facade, a typology that seems to have been very frequent in the city of Salta.
Its architecture is based on courtyards, which gives these houses a common scheme and a particular similarity within the diversity they present, since these constituted the possibility of developing a life outdoors in a controlled environment and within the Modesty that marked the customs of the time.